Thursday, March 30, 2017

Book Tag #4: Literary Dinner Party

I'm one of those people who're hungry ALL THE TIME. It's not a joke. I ate a gigantic plate of food half an hour ago and I'm already considering going back for ice cream. I have no idea of how I still fit through the door. Anyway, since I enjoy food and specially dinner, I picked this interesting book tag called Literary Dinner Party. 


Imagine you are organizing a big dinner like the one Professor Slughorn hosted in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. You'll pick one book character for each question. Who will receive an invitation?

1) Someone who cooks

There's no better cook in town than Minny Jackson, ladies and gentleman. At least, that's what they say. She has been in charge of banquets in the past so I feel she would be a good choice for my dinner. Just be careful with her pies, okay? She's a very funny lady and I bet she has some great anecdotes to share.



2) Someone to sponsors the dinner

And here I was thinking that I was a millionaire that could afford her own parties. Oh, well. In that case, I guess I need someone experienced in the party scene. What better choice than Tony Stark? He is a genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, after all.



3) Someone that can cause a scene

This is a no-brainer. If we want a bizarre character that loves drama, Magnus Bane is the one for the job. Not only will he catch everyone attention with his fancy clothes and makeup, but he will also put on  a great magic show. Plus, duty may call and next thing you know, there's a wounded werewolf staining the tablecloth. Sounds like a night to remember to me. Alec Lightwood could be his +1 (please.)



4) Someone who will make everyone laugh

All the 3 previous guests are already quite funny, so I guess I'll just pick another one. Wow, this dinner is going to be a blast. I identify myself with and appreciate Rose Hathaway's sarcastic humor. It's very similar to mine, which is part of the reason I love this character. 



5) Someone popular

Well, there are many kinds of "popular". What we need is someone with good contacts (but isn't a douche about it.) I think Gansey is perfect for the role. Although he doesn't like to brag about it, he comes from a successful and important family. I just love him and needed him in this dinner, okay?



6) A villain

Well, we wouldn't want maleficent's story to repeat itself, do we? We better have our enemies close. It's also a great way to add some spice to the table. This is a tough one, but in the end, I think Captain Hook is quite a lovable villain. His plans always get frustrated in some way and that makes me feel so sorry for him. I think he deserves a nice dinner.



7) A couple

I would love to have Rhys and Feyre among my guests. It adds a bit of diversity, you know? I love every aspect of their relationship: their mutual respect, balance, trust and love. Although they're a bit too pda lovers, they know when to get serious. I trust that they will actually use their mouths to talk.



8) A hero or heroin

Well, Tony Stark is already invited but, if Steve Rogers was in the room too, it could turn out to be quite a fun night. Or the whole place could get destroyed. I'll take the risks. Cap is such an honorable and respectful guy, who I bet has great manners.



9) An underestimated character

If we look "underestimated" up on a dictionary, I believe we'll find a picture of John Watson. We can't help but love Sherlock, but we sometimes forget how important John is too. I want him to feel loved and that's why he's receiving an invitation.




10) A character of your choice

A dinner is no such thing without a good debate. I wouldn't want to be the person who argues with Hermione Granger but it's a fight worth watching. I'll try not to drop too much popcorn on the ground.




There you have it! I think some great conversations could come up during the night.

I saw this tag on Butterfly Kisses.

 Should I make some souvenirs? What could be a good theme for the dinner? What are your picks? Tell me in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment