Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Confessions

Got a secret? Can you keep it? Swear this one you'll save. Is Pretty Little Liars still a thing? I stopped watching after season 3. I may give it another go someday. Anyway, today I'm going to spill some book-related secrets. And I encourage you to do the same in the comments so I don't feel bad about mine.


Okay, let's see...

1) Deforestation is my fault!? (Oh, wait , why am I using a clickbait? This isn't Youtube)

While I like to think that I'm a pretty decent human being in terms of environmental-issues, I'm not that good at resisting the urge to get books in physical form. Sorry trees! It's just that e-books will never replace the smell and feel of a new book. Plus, you cannot brag about an online shelf, can you? 

2) I was a rebel in school

My definition of rebel is probably not the same as yours. My only acts of rebellion in school were not reading the assigned books.


Yes, I admit it. I hate it when I have to read something I didn't choose. So most of the time, I didn't. I just searched for good summaries online. I still do, on occasions (please don't tell my professors.) Luckily, after so many years of compulsory reads, one of my professors is letting us choose the books to do our research on. If you wanted know (probably not) I chose The Help by Kathryn Stockett, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, and 1984 by George Orwell.

3) I don't analyze books

You know how there are people who stick flags and sticky-notes on every single page? Well I don't do it. I don't usually underline stuff either on books unless I need to quote something. It doesn't really work for me, because I never go back to check what I wrote or marked as important. So why would I waste my time on it? Everyone has a different system, I don't think I've found mine yet. 

4) Potterheads probably hate me

Okay, here it goes: I haven't finished the Harry Potter saga. 



Yes, I know. I'm on book 3 and I will finish it some day. But that day is not in the near future. I loved the first two, it's just that I have a hard time reading middle-grade because I can't really connect with the characters. I have the same problem with the Percy Jackson books. 



5) Unhauling is not a word I know

I'm a book hoarder. Yeah, most readers are. But my biggest problem is I can't even get rid of the books I don't like. I keep them there, hidden behind other books. My brain knows that if I get rid of them, I'll have more room for new books. But my heart refuses to give up on them. Plus, I feel bad for the money I wasted on them. Do you have any tips to get over this? Are there any good websites to swap books? (Internationally)

Wow, that feels good. And definitely cheaper than a therapist. Question: are you tired of my gifs yet? No? Great.

See you later!

What are YOU hiding? Do you have any solutions for my problems? Please, tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment