Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday

Hey guys! I'm here writing a T5W on a Saturday, again. I got a lot of homework done and I'm writing my third post...I think a nerdy alien has possessed my body. 

This week's topic is: Favorite LGBTQ+ Reads. 

They can be either books with LGBTQ+ characters or books written by LGBTQ+ authors. I guess I'll have to do some research for this one, huh.


Let's get started!


*Disclaimer: for most of these books I can't say who it is because of spoilers*


1) The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare




If you have ever heard of The Mortal Instruments then you've probably also heard about #Malec. They're everyone's babies and you can't touch them. I mean it, don't. 






2) 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher




You probably have also heard about this one, but since it's a spoiler, and I'm a nice person, I won't talk about it. Read the book or watch the show!







3) Weirdos by Kat Kruger



I don't consider this a spoiler, because it is described as a self-discovery story. But I won't say who it is, just in case. This is a lovely story and you should all check it out, or at least check my review and then decide.






4) Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz



THIS IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL STORY. Sorry. I'm okay now. I don't think it's a spoiler...the title pretty much gives it away. 







5) Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo




My babies 💜 Again, I can't say who it is even if it's not that important. Check this book out, okay? I HAVE to read book 2 because I've heard some really interesting things about it regarding romantic relationships.





I have two extra ones


Extra 1) Arclight by Brandon Graham and Marian Churchland





As I said in my review, there are genderqueer characters here, which I find fantastic.






Extra 2) Eggshels by Ziggy Schultz (a story from Behind the Mask)




In this case, the author is part of the LGBTQ+ community. You guys should check this compilation of superhero stories. Her story was one of my faves. I'll leave the link to my review!









Alright, guys. See you later!

Do you have any good recommendations? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment